The Food Access Program strives to make the Pike Place Market a resource for all people struggling with food insecurity.
Goals for the Food Access Project include:
- Promote food availability: sufficient quantities of food available on a consistent basis.
- Promote food access: having sufficient resources to obtain foods for a nutritious diet.
- Promote food use: appropriate use based on knowledge of basic nutrition and care.
- Ensure that the food related efforts at the Market’s social service agencies and residential buildings are connected and supported.
- Ensure that the Market’s resources are being used to support food security wherever possible.
- The primary focus shall be the Market neighborhood and downtown area, and secondary focus shall be the greater Seattle community.